Starting 75gal help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here mine is when i first got him he colors up much darker now but wont stay still ... i went back and added 4 more got another male and he is the smallest size they offer i think 2in and already coloring up :)

-4281199631713099256.jpg

I like your stock glad you are happy with it

Here mine is when i first got him he colors up much darker now but wont stay still ... i went back and added 4 more got another male and he is the smallest size they offer i think 2in and already coloring up :)

I like your stock glad you are happy with it

He looks great!

I'm excited about my tank looks like it is going well. And I can't wait to see them grow and color. Hopefully I can get the feeding down correctly.

He looks great!

I'm excited about my tank looks like it is going well. And I can't wait to see them grow and color. Hopefully I can get the feeding down correctly.

Your cobue will look very similar .... im sure you will get it down quick.. i feed the small pellets and some cant fit them in their mouth yet but can get a hold on them and take cover with their food so the others dont come snatch it.. i mix it up though n try n add floating an sinking at once so everyone gets some or i drop some in all 3 glass top openings ..

The tank and fish look great! Nice work! The cichlid gold that you have may have to much protein and what not. If you feed that I wouldn't feed much and only a couple days a week. The food you want are something that has good balance. Like the cichlid excel, I use the one that has a light green stripe. Your Nls will be fine for them, not sure about the others. When you buy food get the smallest pellets you can. The bigger the pellet the more mess they end up making even when they get bigger. Another couple things to try are seaweed and a veggie flake food that I believe are both made by omega one. You can also use a few things from around the house like cucumbers.

The tank and fish look great! Nice work! The cichlid gold that you have may have to much protein and what not. If you feed that I wouldn't feed much and only a couple days a week. The food you want are something that has good balance. Like the cichlid excel, I use the one that has a light green stripe. Your Nls will be fine for them, not sure about the others. When you buy food get the smallest pellets you can. The bigger the pellet the more mess they end up making even when they get bigger. Another couple things to try are seaweed and a veggie flake food that I believe are both made by omega one. You can also use a few things from around the house like cucumbers.

Thanks Andrew.

I'm going to have to the good you recommended my fish all can't eat the big ones yet that I have.

Doing my first water change today with them in. My water changer actually sucked up some of the sand and poop.

I need to figure out the best place my power head there is one dead spot where the poop collects. Any thoughts??

Thanks Andrew.

I'm going to have to the good you recommended my fish all can't eat the big ones yet that I have.

Doing my first water change today with them in. My water changer actually sucked up some of the sand and poop.

I need to figure out the best place my power head there is one dead spot where the poop collects. Any thoughts??

You can try to keep moving the power head around in different places to see if it gets better. With mine I turn them off for a couple days, then turn them back on. The water flow will make it rest in another spot and then the power head can move it. You could try a timer as a couple hours off then on everyday. Worst comes to worst just suck it out.

So today I didn't get to my tank til now which is about 3.5 hours later that normal. All my fish were at the bottom or in the rocks not moving when I turned the light on. Then I tried to feed them and they didn't go after it. So I tested the water and the reading were. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates probably 7. After the light was on for a while they started moving around like normal. Usually when I come into the room they go crazy and come to the glass to get food not this time though.

Could they have been sleeping or over hungry??

So today I didn't get to my tank til now which is about 3.5 hours later that normal. All my fish were at the bottom or in the rocks not moving when I turned the light on. Then I tried to feed them and they didn't go after it. So I tested the water and the reading were. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates probably 7. After the light was on for a while they started moving around like normal. Usually when I come into the room they go crazy and come to the glass to get food not this time though.

Could they have been sleeping or over hungry??

When the lights come on it scares them a little. Try turning a room light on first for a little while. Once they go into the rocks ( mostly when young) they will stay put for a little while till they see it's safe to come out.

Just an update: fish seem to be doing great they all swarm to get the food when I fee them. After I feed them they are a bit lethargic for a while. Maybe cuz they are full. But all seems well.

On average when I test my nitrates where should they be? I know 0 would be ideal, but what is acceptable? If I do 50% each week it keeps me any where from 5 to 15.

Just an update: fish seem to be doing great they all swarm to get the food when I fee them. After I feed them they are a bit lethargic for a while. Maybe cuz they are full. But all seems well.

On average when I test my nitrates where should they be? I know 0 would be ideal, but what is acceptable? If I do 50% each week it keeps me any where from 5 to 15.

5-15 is fine just don't let it get over 40 for an extended period of time

5-15 is fine just don't let it get over 40 for an extended period of time

Alright sweet. I was afraid I would have to do more water changes. And it gets pretty close to taking out all my hot water when I do both tanks lol

Hey everyone! Just thought I would ask something. I have a few spots still where poop and other stuff tends to go to and does not get into the filters. I have tried my powerhead a few directions but still doesn't help. Would it be wise to get another one to help with the dead spots?

Back
Top Bottom