Starting 75gal help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't think so it may just take a little longer to convert. You added yesterday, right? Was it back to zero today? If so then just add a little ammonia everyday till the day before your planning on getting fish. That day do a water change to lower the nitrates

No it wasn't back to zero. I'm going to test again either today or tomorrow.

Tank is definitely cycling. I tested today and the results are below. That's the first time I have seen nitrites.

image-4133967312.jpg

Tank is cycled and all I need to do is order fish.

I have a water changer for my 37 gal tank. Do I need to get a separate one for this one or can I use the same one??

Im with andrew on that i have 3 a aqueon i hook to the sink for the 125g and 55g then i have a just cheap manually operated one for the 20,10 & 5 .. and the spare that i had bought orginally for the 55g before i went to the aqueon ..

Nice that will save me some cash!!

My bb is definitely beefed up. Been dosing ammonia quite a bit and every time I test its zero!!!

Eagerly waiting to see how this tanks going to look when it's all completed and has fish, can't wait to see! When can you start adding fish?

Eagerly waiting to see how this tanks going to look when it's all completed and has fish, can't wait to see! When can you start adding fish?

Me too!!! The tank is ready for fish. The bb is in abundance and I put in a quote for all of the fish today. Hopefully it won't be too much shipping costs!!!

Got a quote for $124 for 2 day shipping for all of my stock. Not too bad I would think.

Now I am asking what I need to do before their arrival. Water, food, temp, ph and everything to make sure I am good to go for the fish to make sure they are happy and live through the trip plus the transition into the tank. Any advice would be great!!

I usually just wait a min or 2 once they arrive and let them sit and calm from the hectic trip .. i usually open the box first so they get light. Then i check for doas and if they arent in breather bags i float them in my tank til they get used to the water temp change. And i add some water from my tank in each bag usually doubling the water they are in takes about 30mins then i add them to my tank ..

If you dont have food there are plenty to choose from hikari is great and omega one you can find those at most pet stores or online. Their is several more im sure our fish would be happy as long as they eat... lol

I keepy water temp around 78°-81°F i try to stay at 78 to hold down aggression some but in Louisiana during the summer thats hard to do ..

Good luck cant wait to see your fish .. i think thats a good deal depending on how many fish you got but.as long as your happy doesnt matter if it was a good deal or not :)

What is your planned stock? May want consider overnight shipping on an order that big. For a bit more in shipping they usually guarantee live arrival.

What is your planned stock? May want consider overnight shipping on an order that big. For a bit more in shipping they usually guarantee live arrival.

4 Maingano, 4 Cobue Afra, 3 Red Zebra & 4 Yellow Labs
That is going to be my stock. I will talk with them and see how much more it will be for the faster shipping.

Lawyer talk.. "should" be fine. Lol I was just saying for an extra couple bucks the overnight is worth it. I've had priority make it just fine and others all DOA. There are plenty of factors that go into the success rate of shipping fish. I don't like to gamble on orders over $100, personally.

Ordered the fish. They will be here Saturday!! I asked about a guarantee and they said all fish are guaranteed to be alive upon arrival. Any DOA will be refunded.

Back
Top Bottom