starting a new 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my brother is giving up on his 10 gallon tank becuase he has lost intrest in it. so now i have a 8 month old tank to set up. i know about cycling the tank and all that stuff. i want to make it a low light planted tank. it has a t8 light covering the length of the tank. he has a small rainbow shark which will be moved to my 65G. he has 2 sword tails which are getting pretty old now and wont be around to much longer and a rather ugly one eyed pleco but i will find a place for him. anyways, i plan on buying a substrate for planted tanks. i will like to have some small angel fish, which will outgrow the tank and willl be moved to my 65G, i cant put them in right away becuase i lost 6 small angels to my raph in 3 days. is there anything i should be aware of before starting this tank? thanks

If the tank was clean and disease-free, clean the filter in dechlorinated water and put it on your other tank to keep the bacteria going while you work on the 10g.

Other than that, it sounds like you're planning a complete overhaul, so no real concerns.

ok, will the pleco be ok with a few africans, the tank could really use somthing to help with algea.

Back
Top Bottom