Starting a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jspires688

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I am in the process of starting a new 10 gallon tank that will have only two clownfish in it and cleanup crew and eventually an anemone I will use water out of my larger tank for water changes so it should start out as a already established tank so here is my question I set this tank up two weeks ago with an ac70 and a heater and cheap light for now until my t5 fixture gets here what I'm wondering is will it hurt for it to set like this till I get sand to put in it and live rock

It shouldnt hurt. How long are u planning on waiting until i get the sand and live rock??

you still need to cycle the water has next to nill in the nitryfing bacteria the filter media and substrate is where it is before buying your clowns please cycle your tank

You really need to cycle the tank fist. As said above the water will do absolutely nothing for your cycle.

I would also warn against putting 2 clownfish in a 10g, and especially an anenome. They require tanks that have been set up for awhile and have pristine water. Also it will require intense light, your t5 depending on which ones you got might not be able to sustain one.

Letting your tank run now should be fine, just don't put any fishin until your cycle completes. :)

Back
Top Bottom