Starting a planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

litebrite8765

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have not have much success because I am just using the hood and led lights that my 37 gallon tall tank came with. My plants have died. I will be buying a 30 inch coralife t5ho 2x31 watt light fixture. Bulbs are 1 6700k and 1 colormax bulb. Will this be sufficient? I am always changing my regular gravel to eco complete (3 bags, regular black). I will be ordering plants probably from peabodys. Any other suggestions? What plants to start with? Should I use root tabs or liquid ferts?

I'm not a pro but I run 2 bulb 6700k t5ho with just eco complete about 2.5" deep on a 75 gallon and my plants are doing fine so should yours I wouldn't worry. If I was you I would get a bottle if seachem flourish excel it's liquid c02 you will see a difference in a week or less I did. I also under dose to be safe and save money the c02 will help keep your allege under control with the lights and gravel

Sorry I forgot to add I use liquid ferts monthly because the eco complete has it in it already and I don't want to over do it some people say the ferts don't last long in it but it's a porous gravel meant to hold and lock them in...best of luck

As for plants I would start off with cheap hardy plants such as Amazon sord

Sorry I don't know why that sent ha but anyway Amazon sword. Water sprite and any type of Anubias plant there hardy and cheap as for the light I got a zoomed t5ho for 45$ new at petco by my house It was originally 130$ so I couldn't pass up the deal. I know it's not the top of the line but it gets the job done it didn't come with lights so I bought two 6700k Hagen light bulbs

Back
Top Bottom