Starting fishkeeping again after years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SSmith4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my 2nd post on here, as only saw the Introductions part after asking a question, for which I had lots of useful replies.

I always dreamed of having an aquarium tank from when I was young, after looking around the aquatics store in my town. The store was called The Goldfish Bowl in Oxford, England. It was an amazing store. It's still there. T

he colours of fish in the tanks were so beautiful. So relaxing to watch. Individual worlds in each tank.

Then after I married and we had our own house, he said that he had some knowledge of fish keeping, so I bought him a fish tank for his birthday, when it was really for me too. It was a beautiful tank and we had some lovely fish.

However my husband was a jerk and I wasn't happy, so after an argument I went to stay with a friend for a few weeks, and when I got back he had let all the fish die to punish me, but just one fancy goldfish was alive.

After we divorced I kept the goldfish as he was a survivor, but after it died I didn't bother about the tank again. I often thought about starting a tank again of my own, but had previously let my husband deal with the technical side.

Now I have a tank which has been set up with plants from information picked up online, but no fish yet. Although I have some snails as there must have been eggs in the moss balls I bought from the store. Don't mind as it saves me cleaning the glass. I want to feel confident to have the right knowledge before getting fish.

Ideally I would love a marine tank but heard they're more difficult to maintain, so for now will stick to fresh water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fish keeping is fun and it is also a memory I have from my childhood as well. Much different ways of doing things over the years. :) Welcome!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom