starting my 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And yes that is all one piece. It looks like two trees grew across each other and eventually grew together and it weighs about 25 lbs. I'm going to have fun getting the remaining bark off of it though. The pictures don't do either one justice.

The one on the left in the second post is an amazing piece of driftwood! I can imagine all sorts of little fish swimming in and out of it. If you don't use it I'm sure you can get a few bucks for it online.

Almost cycled! only took 3 days for ammonia lvls to drop from 4ppm to 0ppm. Its time to figure out the plants. The tank was free but the hood is busted so i'll be able to get whatever lighting i need to fit the plants i get. that in mind i need to keep it relatively cheap. I was thinking a small Anubias like a nana or barteri, some hornwart, cabomba, a java fern or 2 and cryptocoryne. Any opinions/ideas about the plant choices? and what should i look for in lighting for said plant choices?

Ran into $ issues so the 30 is sitting with no plants or fish at the moment. I've been getting it up to 1-2ppm ammonia and doing a 10% water change once a week to keep it cycled until I get fish for it. Until then I thought I would post some pics of my 20 just because. I have removed the java moss and was thinking of getting a watersprite when I change it over. The plan is to move the tetras to the 30 and get a gurami for the 20

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110810_181340.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110810_181340.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 55
  • ForumRunner_20110810_181357.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110810_181357.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 52
Ok so been getting this 30 up for ever it seems but on the plus side its given me time to think about what I wanna do with it and I should be able to start getting fish soon as we have more $ coming in now.

I've rethought the plans for the 20 and 30 so here is what im thinking:

20 gal, my SAE died when my ac went out for like a week when it was like 95 here and I was having a hard time keeping the tank water under 85 but the tetras pulled through fine. I decided to leave them in the 20 and get them some friends.
New stock would be the 6 perstila and 6 serpae tetras that are currently living there and adding a pitbull pleco and either 6-8 neons or 6 panda corys (would like both but think that would be over stocked). Thoughts?

30 gal. Going with an asian theme, maybe 3 gourami (1 male 2 female) 8 tiger barbs (4 plain 4 green, I heard they will school together!?) And 4 yoyo loaches. Or maybe just 1 gourami and adding another school of something... Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom