Starting over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I took everybodies advice and I found a local pet store that will take the 8 little goldfish and I talked my kids in to something a bit easier to deal with. Livebears. My son wants a pleco and I will honest I would have gotten one either way I love them and think they are cool as all get out, and maybe tiger barbs.
But other than that I am up in the air for types amounts and colors. I want to pick out the basic fish before I set up so that the colors in the tank show the fish off best.
The last thing I want to do is have do a tare down just because I changed my mind on the color of the gravel! It's going to be a 37g tall planted the dimensions are 12Lx20Wx22H.

So many different options!!!

Some easy ones would be
#1 some guppies...all M unless you want babies
some platies
some white cloud minnows

#2 Get some bristle nose plecos maybe 3 or 4
Some small fish Any small tetra...or large
or guppies instead
Note you could have 2 schools of 6 or so tetras
#3 Get abunch of tetras lol

I would advise staying away from Mollys or Swords as they should be in larger tanks. I have set up a few folks with male Endlers and different tetras. I would also get some cory cats, Julii are nice. For substrate stick with a natural color.

Molly's and swords can both grow to be 5in. Tiger barbs are little demons that possibly attack an bully anything that moves. I would go with Platys, a clown, butterfly, bulldog, rubber lip plec, no more then one plec becuse of high bioload and they are territorial to thee on kind. Male guppies are very colorful and are great live bearers. Also DG's would be a cool center piece. Tetras would do also, but only ones like flame and neon since the smaller foot print. I would stock it like this

1 DG
1 bull dog pleco
3-4 guppies all males unless you want babies
6 tetras
5 Cory cats

Molly's and swords can both grow to be 5in. Tiger barbs are little demons that possibly attack an bully anything that moves. I would go with Platys, a clown, butterfly, bulldog, rubber lip plec, no more then one plec becuse of high bioload and they are territorial to thee on kind. Male guppies are very colorful and are great live bearers. Also DG's would be a cool center piece. Tetras would do also, but only ones like flame and neon since the smaller foot print. I would stock it like this

1 DG
1 bull dog pleco
6 tetras
5 Cory cats

Sand is a cheeper substrate then gravel. Just but regular play sand from home depo for 3.50 for 50 pounds. Rinse it well becuse it is full of dust. A black background also brings out the color of fish more.

1 DG
1 bull dog pleco
6 tetras
5 Cory cats

+1 to this, I would also recommend staying away from tiger barbs, they have awesome colors and look great with other fish but they are little nippers. I learnt that fast adding them to my community tank awhile back.

Back
Top Bottom