Starting to Color up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
35049-albums1659-picture11859.jpg

well this exact fish in the photo is now cowering in the top corners of the tank, I think its being chased by the new king of the tank. Photo sometime later. what can I do I tried rearranging a little with no luck. both fish the coward and the bully are wanted keepers. any thoughts

I've had luck with a "time out" just like for kids it's also works with fish. I've used the main tank or another tank works better, but just like with junior remove the aggressor and either leave him netted in the main tank or better is move him to a smaller tank for 30-40 minutes. This has worked numerous times with aggressive mbuna, so much in fact it's changed dominance from fish to fish. There are times when it's taken more than a half an hour, like overnight ( overnight is not for fish in a net ) but that's been rare.

Hukit,

I may have to try it, Thank You.
Aquadestroyer, You are correct but Hukit has helped me since ive been on these forums and so far has not lead me astray. It seems it will take some harsh action to save both of these because if I do not do something one would have to be rehomed permanatley and I dont want that.

Back
Top Bottom