Starting up for a dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally don't like using carbon cause if you had ferts and what not it will take them out of the water. I would use a mechanical media (coarse sponge) at the bottom where the water comes in then a biological media which would be a finer sponge then another biological media but this time some sort of ceramic tubes as the third media. Then if you ever need to dose medication for sick fish treat them and once the dosing of medication is done and the sickness is gone you could replace one of the biological medias with a carbon media to get the medication out of the water.

Looked up the aquaclear 20 on amazon and not sure if it will fit with my hood. Only a 5g tank. Would they 10 version be ok. Isn't the number I am looking for galleons per hour?

So basically there are different types of media i can pick for each slot?

Do they have a 10? The only 10 I see is a power head. Yeah you choose which media you'd want for each slot. What's the dimensions of your tank?
Edit: the 20 is 5 inches long 4wide and 6 high

Gotta look when I get home. Opening is pretty small and need to put a heater and filter there

Iol too late already forked over 20$ for a heater. I can always cut the plastic to make opening bigger.

Total cheap junk couldn't find much in a rectangle 5g. Really wanted to get my cycle started. Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom