Steam plants loosing lower leafs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adlall18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Long time reader, first time posting... My Combomba plants are quite tall and recently have lost their lower leafs and some of the uprooted. I usuall have the lights on 6-8 hrs a day. One 36" current USA led+ and one t5 10000k bulb. In a 40 breeder with dirted substrate no CO2, yet. What could be cause this issue? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398094024.183712.jpg

Stem plants often loose lower leaves when lighting isn't strong enough to reach bottom leaves. Planting stems too closely can also cause issues. Stems should be planted individually with the leaves of each stem almost but not quite touching the stems leaves around it. Personally I would cut the good tops off, pull up the bare stems, and replant the tops.

And honor to be replied by rivercats!!! :)
I'll take your advice thank you!

Something else I've found that Cabomba really does well with higher amounts of liquid carbon. I use Metricide 14 in my tanks as you can get a gallon for around $20 online. It's double the strength of Excel so if you use it full strength you can dose 1/2ml Metricide 14 to every 2 gallons of tank water unless you have delicate shrimp. You are also going to have to at least use something like Seachem Flourish Comprehensive 1 or 2 times weekly to add some ferts to the water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom