Stick on tank backing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
So my stick on contact aquarium backing is on the table. Says to peel off plastic and stick to tank. Anyone tried this? I was terrible just doing books let alone a 4 x 2 ft tank...

Also do they peel off easily as well?

I could just sticky tape it like last backing except the plastic peel has bubbled in a few spots from being rolled up...

Thoughts? Thanks!!

If you can leave it rolled up and apply inch by inch, peel and pull. Start at the top, long way and pull down. A 10-12" plastic tool such and window squeegee or plaster trowel will work to smooth out air bubbles.

I'm a little late on this but after applying a 6 foot sticker to the back of a tank here's what I found works.

Unroll the sticker with the backing still on it. Run some hot air over it with a hair dryer to flatten it. Once flattened, place it on your tank and tape it down the middle to hold it on. Do one side at a time, peeling the backing off. Cut the backing at the halfway point. Begin to remove the backing from the center outwards. If you got two people, have the person hold one end at an upward angle. Don't lay it all down at once. Working from the center outward to the edge, use a small plastic trowel. If you get bubbles you can't rub out, poke it with a needle in the middle of the bubble then iron it out.

Something with a distinct edge to help **adhere** it to the tank is a defnate must. If you don't have a trowel a wall paper applicator or even a credit card will do

This weekend for sure [emoji4] I’ll grab something to help smooth it on and see if I can coax one of the family into helping. Thanks - great tips [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom