Stingray...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ello guys n gals....

I've not been on in a while and il be resurrecting my thread on my 260g build and updating its progression.

I am considering a stingray hence the title! A friend of mine has a yellow stingray or a 'Californian stingray' and is doing very well. I would like to think I could go with a blue spot ray but there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions about it and keeping it.

My tank has been aquascaped in such a way I have plenty of sand and swimming space out front, again I will upload some pics on my other thread to show what I've done. So do I have a big enough tank?

I also am unsure about how to go about quarantining this species as they don't carry such diseases and parasites a normal marine fish would therefore... Do I need to QT it and if I do I'm not sure I have a big enough QT.

look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I think your tank is suitable for a single ray. I would advise not adding live rock or anything that would take up swimming space

Back
Top Bottom