Stinkin Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bronxbomber

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 marbled angels in my community tank with mostly Rainbows. They get along well and do not bother the other fish. However.... they are tearing up my live plants. They eat the leaves which leads to them up rooting the entire plant.

Is this a dietary issue? I know ciclids tend to be rough on plants but I thought that was from the rooting around.

Any ideas?

My angelfish only eat my favorite plants leave all the other plants alone. i hate when i see them spit the leaves out and not even eat them.

never had a problem with mine. try adding some veggie flakes and see if that happens.

Mine pic at the plastic plants( hate live plants, dont ask me why I just dont like em in my tanks dumb I know but too many snail invasions and bad plants that die in days.

Um, your plants are they floating on the top or just low and mid levels f the tank?

I have a 24" tall plant in a 18" tall tank, the floating part attracts the angels to it and they play with it( possibly kick its butt like they are doing to yours but they are plastic so I cant tell) and they leave the rest alone.

If you got live, maybe try a piece of anach or something like that floating around on the top. It might save your tank plants.

Back
Top Bottom