Stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrinn23

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In the near future I will be getting a 55 gallon tank and I was hoping for some ideas for fish! I want as much as possible and would love to get some that swim on the bottom, middle, and top. Also I would like to try and have live plants...how difficult is that? Ideas are GREATLY appreciated!

abrinn23 said:
In the near future I will be getting a 55 gallon tank and I was hoping for some ideas for fish! I want as much as possible and would love to get some that swim on the bottom, middle, and top. Also I would like to try and have live plants...how difficult is that? Ideas are GREATLY appreciated!

One of my personal favorites for a 55 are tiger barbs. You could get a school of 12-15. They cover all of the strata. The only thing to be worried about these fish is they will nip long fins, but in a large group yoh shouldnt have a problem One that would occupy the lower 1/3 of your tank are yoyo or polka dot loaches. These are fun and have interesting personalities. Also bristlenose, gold nugget, or snowball plecos are a good idea also. Let me know what you like!

Low light plants are the easiest ones to keep
Anubias, java moss, java fern, jungle val, crypt wenditii, rotala are all good plants for low lights.

How about a community tank? Here's what I like :
Top: 6 hatchet fish
Mid-top: 1 angelfish
Mid: 8 glow light tetra
Mid: 6 cherry barb
Mid-bot: pair of german blue rams
Bot: 8 panda Cories
All: snowball pleco.

I love both of those ideas. Luckily I have some time to think about it! Any suggestions on what type of light I should get?

Samzter said:
How about a community tank? Here's what I like :
Top: 6 hatchet fish
Mid-top: 1 angelfish
Mid: 8 glow light tetra
Mid: 6 cherry barb
Mid-bot: pair of german blue rams
Bot: 8 panda Cories
All: snowball pleco.

So all of these will get along just fine?

I hope so, you might want to take out the angelfish, just incase. Also panda Cories and german blue rams are very sensitive to water quality.

Yeah I want to become a little more experienced before I get the rams that's for sure

Back
Top Bottom