Stock list for 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carnifex

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm planning a list of tenants for my 90 gallon. Tell me what you think!
3 agile chromis
Pair of maroon clowns
One spot foxface
Fuzzy dwarf lion OR leaf scorpion
Maybe a jawfish
Maybe a snowflake eel. (Probably not but opinions would be cool)
Anything i should add? Anything i should 100% nix? Anything that will cause to much conflict? I'm going to do corals eventually(easy stuff). Thanks!

Well, maroon clowns are very aggressive, not sure if you knew that. :)
I'm not sure about the lion, I know they arent reef safe, but not sure if its cause they eat inverts that normally are in a reef or cause they eat coral. lol
Not to mention a lion, depending on the type can get waaaay too big for a 90g.
Thats all I got, lol, hope it helps a little.

The dwarf lion will be a problem since they will eat anything they can fit in their mouth. Also, the snowflake eel will devour inverts.

The lion and snowflake are not reef safe but it's due to them eating inverts, they shouldn't damage coral. The jawfish would probably be a snack but I'd imagine the rest of the stock should be ok together but you can never guarantee as I've heard of snowflakes eating every fish in a tank before but also know of some successfully kept with inverts.

I've decided against the lion lol. And the eel. I'm going to do the chromis, clowns, foxface, scorpion, jawfish, a wrasse, and maybe a hawkfish. I figure if i keep the scorpion well fed my inverts should be fine and if i supplement algae sheets my coral should be mostly safe from the foxface. I'm 100% doing the chromis and clowns, but I'm still open to opinions and comments regarding all else. Thanks!!!

The hawkfish is a must in my opinion, lol, I have at least one in every tank i have. Very very cool fish. I think my fave hawk is the flame hawk...but I have an arc eye hawk, a hawaiian hawk and I believe its a falco hawk. :) I have so many darn fish I lose track sometimes lol

With the stock youre considering, I would throw in another wrasse or two, extremely active fish and easy to keep. I have mostly wrasses in my 90g. I have a sixline, lunar, blue headed, banana and red coris. In my opinion the more active and cooler wrasses are the non reef safe ones, like I have. The reef safe wrasses are very colorful and pretty, but I have found them to be somewhat delicate and kinda wimpy. lol

The hawkfish is a must in my opinion, lol, I have at least one in every tank i have. Very very cool fish.

Would a flame hawk bother peppermint shrimp? I got two of them for aiptasia control a while ago and would like to keep them. They are good scavengers. Them and a few hermit crabs are the reason I am a little hesitant to get the two fish I like: a flame hawkfish and a mystery wrasse. I like my CUC and don't want to put them in danger.

I had a falco hawk in with peppermints and he didnt bother them, but the flames are considered to be not invert friendly. :-(

For a 90gal, I would go with:
1 male squareback anthias (colorful, not shy, and swims around)
2 clowns
1 tomini tang (colorful, eats algae and swims around a lot)
1 one spotted foxface (colorful, eats algae, swins around a lot)
1 leopard wrasse
1 flame hawkfish (quirky characteristics)
1 midas blenny (graceful swimming fish)
1 orange striped prawn goby

I like fish that swim around a lot and aren't easily spooked. i think the group of fish i listed offer a variety of colors and shapes.
the squareback is a hot pink/red with a purple square on it's side.
the foxface is mostly yellow w/ a black and white face.
the clowns can be orange or black or red
the tomini tang is brown with gold fins and a white tail
hawkfish is red

Back
Top Bottom