Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua hobbyist

Aquarium Advice Freak
10 gallon

If there's anything wrong with it, tell me what it is and why, a brittlenose pleco and cory are behind the mopani wood! Thanks!

This is the picture Of my ten gallon

Attachments

• image-3293458727.jpg
    image-3293458727.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 150
I've got a few questions. First, what light are you using? I don't see any plants so there shouldn't be problems. What are the fish on the top that look reddish? How many of them? What are your params?

I have a standard 15 watt, I adult male Molly and 3 female adult molly(dalmation) the rest of the red fish are platy fry, I don't know he water parameters because I never test the water!

well we cant tell u if its ok if theres no infomation can we... stock wise no its not ok, corys need groups of at least 3 and a tank of at least 20g the tank is also to small for any pleco to have a happy life in. the livebearers are fine i guess but i would keep them single sex...... there aint room for fry and they will just be eaten anyway

Hmmm, I would advise against mollies in a 10 gallon. How many platy fry? Also, the cory would most likely want some friends too. Here is my advice, find a place (LFS or other tank) to put the mollies and cory. Then, you would have the platy fry and pleco. What is your water change schedule? I would highly recommend investing in an API test kit, but for now an LFS will usually do water tests. Is your tank cycled? If not, there will be much bigger problems than stocking.

I change the water everyday, what if I rid the platy fry and mollies and added some more cories and 1 ghost hrimp

aqua hobbyist said:
I change the water everyday, what if I rid the platy fry and mollies and added some more cories and 1 ghost hrimp

Well, I think your idea would work. I would add only 2 cories. Every day? That seems like a lot of work, but more power to ya. Is the tank for sure cycled? Because if not all of this stocking talk is pointless.

aqua hobbyist said:
The tank has been cycled already, otherwise the fry would've died

Well I was just wondering because if you do water changes every day you would probably be taking most of the ammonia and nitrites out and you could tempararily get away without a cycle.

I'm trying to get a 30 gallon unless someone else writes a persuasive letter for them as a second opion!!

To answer your question, I wouldn't put any in a 10 gal. My opinion. I recommend a 20 because they need at least a group of 6.

Hmmm, is this the same tank that had four mollies, a BN pleco, a cory, and a few platy fry in it just a few hours ago? Anyways, what is your ph, gh, and kh? Knowing those will help in deciding good fish. Some all around good beginner fish for a ten gallon would be guppies, platies, neon tetras, betta, some species of rasbora, dwarf gourami, etc. There are tons! I would recommend maybe a small school of neon tetras and some RCS. I would also highly recommend live plants. Good luck!

Yes it's the same tank, what does RCS stand for, I don't know the water parameters because I don't have a test kit!

aqua hobbyist said:
Yes it's the same tank, what does RCS stand for, I don't know the water parameters because I don't have a test kit!

Red cherry shrimp. And you really really need to go get a test kit, salifert and api are good

If I rid the platy and mollies, how many more cories and ghost shrimp can I add?do you know I'd Petsmart does trades?

Back
Top Bottom