Stocking 10g with interesting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExperimentLain

Aquarium Advice Activist
Let me first say this tank is for my dad who just wanted something in his office. I will be maintaining it.

Okay so its been some time since I stocked a 10g.

I cycled it and its all set and ready. He really seems to like tiger barbs and things that look a bit different like that. Maybe clown loaches? He does want plants too. I talked him into something peaceful. Also fish that wont over grow and i would have to move into my personal aquarium.

So what can I do? I hope i gave enough information too ^.^ i am taking him out to look at fish tonight even if we dont pick them up.

Thanks guys! You are always uber helpful :3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A school of flame tetras or green neons. Mabye diamonds neons.

You could do a awesome looking betta or a dwarf groumai.

If you want to do something harder to care for the scarlet badis or dwarf puffer. Sparkling groumais

Let me first say this tank is for my dad who just wanted something in his office. I will be maintaining it.

Okay so its been some time since I stocked a 10g.

I cycled it and its all set and ready. He really seems to like tiger barbs and things that look a bit different like that. Maybe clown loaches? He does want plants too. I talked him into something peaceful. Also fish that wont over grow and i would have to move into my personal aquarium.

So what can I do? I hope i gave enough information too ^.^ i am taking him out to look at fish tonight even if we dont pick them up.

Thanks guys! You are always uber helpful :3

Absolutely not clown loaches, sorry :( Minimum tank size for clown loaches IMO is 125 gallons.... I don't know anyone who thinks they're ok in smaller than 75. A clown loach will get bigger than a 10 gallon is wide or tall.

You could get kuhli loaches, they're really fun :)

I would say kuhli loaches with some scarlet badis, or maybe harlequin rasboras with a sparkling gourami. Tons of options, but with small fish. And I definitely agree on no clown loaches, they get WAY too big and need a big tank as well lol.

I suggest CPDs or lambchop rasboras as they only get 1 inch and are very attractive. I would also do khuli loaches but unless they're in a group of 4-5 or more, they won't be seen very much. +1 with everyone else, I wouldn't do clown loaches either. Really like DPs but they require live or frozen food, won't accept flakes 98% of the time. If the tank isn't dirted you could get a CPO or a Brazos dwarf crayfish (Cambarellus texanus). They are super interesting to watch, are very hardy and eat almost anything. There is this great store that specializes in rare dwarf fish/snail/inverts etc. you should check it out. Good luck! (y)

I took my dad out to our lps and he really liked the juli corycat (he likes my coris too so i wasnt surprised). He likes the dwarf frogs. Red eyed (blow?) tetras and golden cloud fish. Thoughts?

Thanks for a the suggestions! He didnt like the barbs after seeing them very much, and he said the clown loach was too big xD i am so glad they had a 5" one there. He really liked sailfin mollies too.

Thanks

Ohh!! And he was very amused with the ghost shrimp xD to think i had to twist his arm to want the tank at all xD

Back
Top Bottom