Stocking 22 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm about to semi-restock my tank. I only have in it; 1 dalmatian molly, 2 corydoras, and a heck of a lot of tiny snails. Advice and your favorites for a tank?

I'm about to semi-restock my tank. I only have in it; 1 dalmatian molly, 2 corydoras, and a heck of a lot of tiny snails. Advice and your favorites for a tank?

I would get 3 more cory cat they're happier together . You could get 1 dwarf gourami . I'm blessed cuz I have two males in same tank that get along . I also have guppys and endlers

I would get 3 more cory cat they're happier together . You could get 1 dwarf gourami . I'm blessed cuz I have two males in same tank that get along . I also have guppys and endlers

I've heard the thing about the cories. I'm not sure if my LFS carries the dwarf gouramis but I'll check when I'm there. Any other good fish?

What species of cory do you have? Cory's are a social fish and need to be kept in groups.

Danios typically need a fairly long tank. They are fast swimmers and need room to move.

How about completing your school of cory's, adding a dozen Harlequin Rasbora, and something like a dwarf gourami OR a Betta?

What species of cory do you have? Cory's are a social fish and need to be kept in groups. Danios typically need a fairly long tank. They are fast swimmers and need room to move. How about completing your school of cory's, adding a dozen Harlequin Rasbora, and something like a dwarf gourami OR a Betta?

I have two Julii's. Would this work for the tank, or is it too much?
- 4-5 cories
- 1 red-tailed shark
- 1 molly
- 4 Raspboras
- 1 Dwarf Gourami

OR

- 4-5 Cories
- 1 Moly
- red-tailed shark
- 5 cherry barbs
- 1 dwarf gourami

I would skip out on both the red tail shark and molly. Molly can get fairly large, I've seen some males that top out at 6in and produce a fair amount of waste. Also, red tails are pretty aggressive an active so that would be a no too.

I would skip out on both the red tail shark and molly. Molly can get fairly large, I've seen some males that top out at 6in and produce a fair amount of waste. Also, red tails are pretty aggressive an active so that would be a no too.

Well I already have the molly, she's from and earlier batch of purchases fish. So the red-tails aew agressive? I've read a bunch of reviews that they are fairly docile. just a bit territorial.

What are the dimensions of your tank? I don't have experience with either of the species of red-tailed sharks (Epalzeorhynchus bicolor or Epalzeorhynchos frenatum) so I don't if they are good for a community tank or not, but both grow to about 6 inches.

What are the dimensions of your tank? I don't have experience with either of the species of red-tailed sharks (Epalzeorhynchus bicolor or Epalzeorhynchos frenatum) so I don't if they are good for a community tank or not, but both grow to about 6 inches.

It's about L 24" w 12" h 16 3/4"

They are pretty mellow in the right size tank. But a 20 isn't the right tank, the Molly is fine if a female.

So what you have is typically referred to as a 20 High. Realistically it doesn't hols 20 gallons of water. By time you had substrate, decor, and fish its more like 16ish. I would definitely pass on the shark, they really should be in at least a 36" long tank.

Take a look at some gourami profiles and see what you like. It's a good alternative to the betta for a centerpiece fish. Either the Harliquin Rasbora OR the Cherry barb would give you a lot of movement in the tank, I'd do 8-12 of them.

I have a dwarf flame gourami as a centerpiece in my 20g high. I also have neons, red eye tetras and jyst added some albino corys. So far so good. Check out the dwarf flames. Cool fish.

Back
Top Bottom