Stocking 24 gallon nano opinions ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inevitable_101

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone,

So now time has come to stock my 24g nano.

I currently have:
1 yellow stripe maroon clown fish
1 turbo snail left (after hermit killed 3)I don't have the hermit crab anymore.

Plans:
1 Lemon peel angel (I am aware that it is not reef safe)
1 fire fish

Need opinions on cleaning crew stocking.

Thanks

Maybe 5 snails and 5 or 6 nassirus snails to start with. You really dont need a real big crew yet as there`s probably not much in there for them yet.

Your maroon is going to take up alot of space eventually and be rather aggressive in a 24g so I would nix the angelfish.

Well, with the GSM, you probably won't be able to add another fish, they tend to get rather nasty in their old age.

They are all territorial in their own right, but maroon's and tomato's seem to be the worst and get the largest (of those available), which doesn't help. I do love maroon clowns, though :) You could try a Cirrhitichthys oxycephalus, Pixie hawkfish or a Cirrhitichthys falco, Falco hawkfish. These do not get large, but may try and consume shrimp. Cardinal fish are another option.

I was wondering how big maroons get,I thought maybe it would grow anothere inch.But on Monday I went to take my son to a doctors appointment and they had a salwater tank of about 150g with a maroon clown thats was approx 5 inches!

Sorry guys I couldnt help it but pick these up from my lfs.I am getting rid of the GSM clowfish .asap

They seem to be getting along fine for now,at least.

20065-albums355-picture2495.jpg

Very nice :) Yes, maroon's tend to get at least 5in. and are built like a tank. I prefer them in a 40g.

I was wondering if I should return the lemon peel later since I want to do a reef setup in my new tank in June.Has anyone had any experience with a reef setup and a lemon peel?

Back
Top Bottom