Stocking a 20 Gallon High.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, I have this 20 gallon high atm with 10 molly fry. I'm planning on getting rid of the fry and getting some other fish in there. I was wondering about angle fish.

Could I get two quater sized angles in there?
What would be good tank mates for them?
Should I do anything else special?

I wouldn't put Angels in a 20g personally. One might be ok with some other fish, but I like a 29g as a minimum for 1. Angels get huge and would appreciate more swimming room.

I would stick to a dwarf Cichlid, like Apistos or some Kribs instead and get a m/f pair with a school of something.

A 20H is perfectly fine for adult angelfish. I know many breeders of discus that keep proven pairs (of discus) in 20H tanks but it's better to keep discus in a 29g IMO. If it can work for discus, it can certainly work for angelfish. A 20L on the other hand wouldn't be good for angels.

You could put a school of some sort of tetra in the tank with the angels if you like. You may also like a BN pleco or 4-5 cories in the tank. Ottos would be good too. Maybe some livebearers like platies or swords. Dwarf cichlids would be another choice as already mentioned.

I disagree, I think a 20h is way to small for an adult angel! I had two in a 29 once when I was first starting out, and let me tell you, when they ran out of room, they got real mean, real fast! Way to small IMO, stick with the apistos or dwarf gouramies or something

I disagree, I think a 20h is way to small for an adult angel! I had two in a 29 once when I was first starting out, and let me tell you, when they ran out of room, they got real mean, real fast! Way to small IMO, stick with the apistos or dwarf gouramies or something

Well i'm only getting two quater sized ones and onces they get to big I can always move them into my 55 gallon with my other community fish. I got it all planned out. I personally don't like angle fish that much but my mom used to have tanks before she had me and my sister and that was her favorite fish so i'm doing it for her.

I'm during my 20 gallon long into a multi tank hopefully though. If you know anything about them blazeyreef it would be cool if you could pm me some info.

Back
Top Bottom