Stocking A 20 Gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to stock my 20 gallon with some of the most colorfulness fish out there, but that is easy to find online or in a lfs. Before I was going to do a pair of ram cichlids but now I kinda want to change up a bit. I may keep just one Ram, I dont know yet.. But what can I stock this tank with...Any Rainbows or Gouramis or different types of tetras behinds neon or cardinal...Those are kinda plain to me....

Ya I dont really care for those and I dont have a light for them....

Forktail rainbows have nice color and would work in the 20g. I have mine in a 16g with a ram, female betta, green neons, and peacock gudgeons.

Forktail rainbows have nice color and would work in the 20g. I have mine in a 16g with a ram, female betta, green neons, and peacock gudgeons.

Forktails are gorgeous. They never stay still and have this "shimmy" when they swim. Not cheap though.
YB3GJcA.png
Here are more Pseudomugil species:
MmkxvF3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Really like my gold and flame dwarf gourami ( the gold is a female and at least from what I'm seeing is less aggressive) the dwarf is more colorful but is much more shy than the gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow i really like those forktails :eek:. Now to OP, what are you looking for, larger/fewer fish or smaller/more? or like 1 larger and some smaller?

Im doing a new tank with 1 honey gourami and a bunch of small tetras/rasboras/corys and loaches. Granted its a 60 gallon but numbers can be scaled down.

Im looking for maybe a few medium size fish with some smaller ones

Apisto cacatoides and green neons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about platies and male guppies?

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom