Stocking a 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellithain

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently had an incident where 2 of my guppies died leaving one poor female alone with two small bristlenose plecos. Don't worry I found out what was wrong and fixed it.

Needless to say, I should get her some guppy friends and I am planning on it but I'll be honest I don't know how many is too many for a 20 gallon. I was thinking at least 3 more females and two males but I hear about people with 20 gallons with WAAAYYY more fish than I have (or plan on having). I don't know if there is a general rule of thumb for this stuff or what..

Feel free to give your favorite recommendations for a peaceful community tank if you want but keep it to beginner fish please as I'm not confident enough yet for more complicated species.

Small corydoras catfish such as pandas and habrosus are perfect for a 20g. (Is it a long or regular?) You can have a decent size school and seem some fun behavior.

20g normal not a long. I was considering a small schooling fish like a neon tetra or something but those sound interesting!

Back
Top Bottom