Stocking a 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel0001

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a 29 gallon high in the process of cycling and have started doing some research as to what fish I can have in it. I wish it could be bigger as it's a focal point in my living room but I don't have the space. So now I'm looking to find the prettiest, brightest, biggest fish for the space. There's so much online that it's a bit overwhelming, and I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.

I'd love cichlids but I know I don't have enough room...so what would you stock it with?

I did find a beautiful gold gourami at the lfs; that may be an option. But I'd love to have a couple of striking fish in there.

Thanks!

Well its I 29 high right? You could go with an angel. Or you might be able to have a pair of german blue rams. They're dwarf cichlids

I like the long fin black angels. If I went with them, should it be a single fish or could I get a few? I know they pair off, and I've heard that once they're big they will pretty much annihilate the rest of your tank. So I'm guessing that I should have them alone. Thanks!

I like the long fin black angels. If I went with them, should it be a single fish or could I get a few? I know they pair off, and I've heard that once they're big they will pretty much annihilate the rest of your tank. So I'm guessing that I should have them alone. Thanks!
Yes, if you kept them singly with some schooling fish it would look real neat :)
Oh, and if I went with the gbr's could I have anything else with them?
Plenty! GBRs are super peaceful.

a betta adn a largeish school of neons in a planted tank would look amazing

Back
Top Bottom