Stocking a 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GretschDrummer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a question, currently I have a 29 gal planted tank with a penguin 200b filter. I have 3 zebra dainos (from when i started, not aggressive to other mates actually school with the rasboras), 11 harlequin rasboras, 6 ghost shrimp and prob 11 cherry shrimp. I want to get a pair of german blue rams to add. If possible I was alos thinking of adding 6 neon tetras. What are your thoughts on this? I have vals and crypts as plants and do weekly 25% water changes.

The zebras need cooler water than the other fish you have listed. I would plug all those fish into aquadvisor.com and see what it says. German blue rams are sensitive and need an established tank, just something to keep in mind. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The temperature requirements are way off. The gbrs need low 80s so don't really fit with the others.

Pelvicachromis puncher would be a better option in my opinion but they are prolific breeders and can be aggressive during spawning while guarding their fry.

Back
Top Bottom