Stocking a 2k gallon aquarium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Consider a stingray for the bottom? Maybe a pair of blue spotted rays?

I'm absolutely jealous and I'm looking forward to updates!

If itd be possible, I'd love to see pics of the filtration system and the skimmer and all that good stuff!

This is my dream tank! Lol. So I'll definitely be following along!

My lfs has a school of blue eyed tetras in their 300.. It's really cool to watch the silver bodies and the bright blue eyes!!

I would put rays sharks angles puffers squids eels octopus. Also to your light issue you can lower the water level and then do the lights. But do u have another place to get into to put new fish or is it just that space?

What about-
3- clown pairs(any type)
10- Anthias(any type)
5- yellow tangs
2- blue spotted ray
3- butterflyfish(any type)
1- foxface
1- large angel
1- dwarf angel
A lot more! I know zilch about sw- this is just a bunch of random guesses

If that's the only way in, then cut into the ceiling to put the lights in

Basically put all fish that were in nemo (there's about 220 including sharks in the movie) and some other fish and lots of coral an if you do sharks get small ones but that are bigger than other fish in the aquarium

Fishfreak1 said:
About 750 fish

Clownfish sized or 350 1ft fish

I don't think 750 will work in that tank. Tanked(this the ONLY stocking theyve done that is good) did a 50,000 gal and only put in 600 fish... Of course several were quite large but I find 750 WAAAY too many

Yeah. I'd say 250 fish is a good guess. Gives some extra room probably if you want some more also. But definitely get some schooling fish. A huge reef would be awesome and if you do peaceful enough get a huge school of chromis.

I'm saying 750 clownfish when their born so about 400 fully grown and if you do corals then the number goes down to 220 9 in fish

Please answer my previous question on this thread so I can help you better the lights

Lights for that tank will probably cost about $6,000 my guess is and it depends on type of coral if sps then probably about $8,000 and $3,000 or $4,000 for fish only

I'd say just do like 250-300 peaceful fish and make it an amazing reef. A huge chasm as an aqua scape. Put in tons of coral. Get a few schools of smaller fish like anthers, chromis. Get some big fish like foxfaces. Get some clowns. Ect ect Ect.

Back
Top Bottom