Stocking advice for a 55 gallon Brackish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glassfish, Bumblee Gobies, Celebes Rainbowfish, Orange Chromides, Mollies (which, according to my research, are happy and healthy in anything from pure freshwater to full saltwater if aclimated properly and have been found in the wild in all 3, they're that adaptable). Figure 8 Puffers would not be recommended--they're as aggressive as any other puffer, and your dragon would probably move too slowly to get out of his way, and I think the Figure 8's are the ones that go full marine as adults and your dragon would not appreciate that. I'm wanting a brackish tank set up around a dragon goby myself when I have the room, so done a bit of research into it. :) I like badman's tropical fish site's page on setting up a brackish tank.

KaylNeko said:
Glassfish, Bumblee Gobies, Celebes Rainbowfish, Orange Chromides, Mollies (which, according to my research, are happy and healthy in anything from pure freshwater to full saltwater if aclimated properly and have been found in the wild in all 3, they're that adaptable). Figure 8 Puffers would not be recommended--they're as aggressive as any other puffer, and your dragon would probably move too slowly to get out of his way, and I think the Figure 8's are the ones that go full marine as adults and your dragon would not appreciate that. I'm wanting a brackish tank set up around a dragon goby myself when I have the room, so done a bit of research into it. :) I like badman's tropical fish site's page on setting up a brackish tank.

F8s are less aggressive then other puffers and are low end brackish. Green spotted puffers are mean and go to full marine as adults. An f8 would probably be ok everyone says that they can be hit or miss but i have never had a problem with mine. He is afraid of the ghost shrimp in the tank lol. I really dont think a 2inch puffer will mess with a fish that can reach 2-3ft in length. If you do get an f8 get it young and you should be ok. I would recommend it they are personable.

Ah, ok. I knew it was one or the other. Thanks for clearing that one up. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom