Stocking advice for my new biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VBsAquarium

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everybody, my name is VBsAquariums, I'm a new member, so it's nice to meet you all.

I finally saved up and did it! I bought myself a Coralife 29 Gallon BioCube and stand, it's in the mail and on it's way!

Now, as a college kid, I'm notoriously broke and impatient (thanks aquarium habit and video games, respectively lol), so I won't have time for a saltwater aquarium and will be running it as freshwater for the time being.

In short, this is my stocking plan once I get the aquarium up and cycling:

• 1 Veiltail Angelfish
  • 1 Electric Blue Ram
  • 1 German Blue Ram
  • 5 Cardinal/Neon Tetras
  • 1 Corydora
  • 2 Cherry Shrimp
...and a partridge in a pear tree haha :)

Am I mixing anything that will possibly eat eachother and/or not get along? And also, am I overstocking the tank? Also, this will be a relatively heavily planted aquarium. I know the Biocube has a pretty rad filter system built into it, but what do you think? Thanks!!!!

Well with the neons you'll have to be careful they don't get eaten by the angel and rams. Also you cannot keep just a single Corydora. You need at least five of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also, keep angels in pairs. And if you are keeping neons/cardinals, the angels will have to be smaller when you introduce them. My angels are 1.25" and tetras are an inch as well. I also introduced the tetras well before the angels

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey everybody, my name is VBsAquariums, I'm a new member, so it's nice to meet you all.

I finally saved up and did it! I bought myself a Coralife 29 Gallon BioCube and stand, it's in the mail and on it's way!

Now, as a college kid, I'm notoriously broke and impatient (thanks aquarium habit and video games, respectively lol), so I won't have time for a saltwater aquarium and will be running it as freshwater for the time being.

In short, this is my stocking plan once I get the aquarium up and cycling:

• 1 Veiltail Angelfish
  • 1 Electric Blue Ram
  • 1 German Blue Ram
  • 5 Cardinal/Neon Tetras
  • 1 Corydora
  • 2 Cherry Shrimp
...and a partridge in a pear tree haha :)

Am I mixing anything that will possibly eat eachother and/or not get along? And also, am I overstocking the tank? Also, this will be a relatively heavily planted aquarium. I know the Biocube has a pretty rad filter system built into it, but what do you think? Thanks!!!!

Angels don't have to be in pairs

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom