Stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 90L tank an wondered how many endler guppy size fish I could keep?

I would say with the proper filtration and pwc's about 12-15 could work. Some people will tell you less and some will say more.

Is that all? They are literally 1 inch long?!

I have a 90L tank an wondered how many endler guppy size fish I could keep?

Hello L...

If you keep the water very clean with large and frequent water changes, then you can easily have 25 or 30 small fish in a 90 liter tank.

I have a couple of 30 gallon tanks, roughly the size you have and have over 50 Fancy Guppies in both of them. Keep in mind, I change half the tank water every week or so and feed the fish every other day and just what will be eaten in a couple of minutes. I also have the tanks heavily planted.

B

I do 50% weekly. Are all your readings ok?

Stocking Advice

I do 50% weekly. Are all your readings ok?

Hello again...

That's a good question. Other than daily water testing when I cycled my first tank a few years ago, I don't test the water chemistry. I was taught that if you change a minimum of half the tank water every week, you don't need to test the water. The reason being, pollutants like ammonia and nitrites need time to build up to toxic levels. By doing large, frequent water changes, you guarantee stable water conditions. There's no time for pollution to build up before the next large water change.

My larger tanks have upwards of 200 fish in them with no testing and no water problems. Again, that can only be accomplished with large, weekly water changes.

B

Back
Top Bottom