stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
anyone see any conflicts problems with this list. still cant decide on which wrasse or foxface. I want to have at least one herbavore to help with algae. I like my snails and crabs for clean up but not attached (if need be i can get larger ones that wont get eaten)

Not looking to get any Tangs (ich)

i have zoos and a galexiea and want lots of Recordea, a brain, frogspawn, and a few sps.

i know there is a chance the CB will nip at corals. any other suggestions?

100 gal tank
65# live rock
10# small CC 40# sand
540 watts MH/PC
2) 400 gph powerheads
Fuval 405

HAVE:
15 hermits/15 snail
blue damsel
green chromie
three line damsel
maroon clown
pink spotted goby

GET:
fridmani pseudochromis
silver foxface OR orange spot rabbitfish OR foxface lo
Melanarus OR painted OR four line OR yellow flanked fairy wrasse
coral beauty angel OR some Butterfly???
eventually a spotted mandarin

Thanks.

You take a risk with the butterflies and angels as far as eating your corals. I would also caution you that your filtration will not be able to keep up with a large bioload. The rock is no where near enough and the fluval will not help much as far as nitrates.

blue damsel, three line damsel are pretty aggressive, you may want to watch them. My blue one is the terror of the tank! My blue will attack EVERYthing that comes near it, including urchins (not that it really bothers the urchins) They both will set up a territory and defend it, just my experience.

bioload: still researching skimmers prob. going to go with the Aqua C, i dont really want anymore LR would rather get a skimmer should i get the Aqua C or The Aqua C Pro? im guessing the PRO since you cant overdue filtration.

Damsels: I kept the two least agressive, they are doing good have not messed with the goby or the clown. actually the goby is more teritorial than the damsels. i think my list is mostly semi-agressive so i dont forsee much problems.

what about the foxface eating corals...some sites say it does and some dont mention it? any first hand experiences????

i guess im going for a FOWLR with some corals now that i have the light. trying to get fish that wont eat the corals
so foxface, wrasse and a tang would prob be my safest choices for the bigger fish.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom