Stocking advices for FOWLR turning reef...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am currently thinking of building a FOWLR for my 132g which I will keep several non-reef safe fishes like the angels and butterflies. But the problem is I am not sure if this will be a problem should I change my mind in the future to turn it into a reef tank. Will it be hard to catch the fishes?

All my current livestocks are reef-safe for future options but I am thinking of adding some angels and buttleflies. What would you suggest me to do? Thanks.

a rule of thumb to use : if you add a fish be prepared to never remove it . They all can be difficult to remove if you are thinking reef tank in the future I would suggest sticking with reef safe fish . Or set up a sump that you can see and add the non reef safe ones to it .

They will be difficult to remove and you need to think about if your LFS will take them back. Some will not take back. It `s really up to you.

If you're prepared to capture them in a reasonable safe way, and then get credit from your LFS then go for it... otherwise... don't.

Back
Top Bottom