Stocking for a 15g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcall

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I have a 15g pedestal tank and looking for ideas for stocking. I have a bronze molly,a leopard Molly and a platy just now. Looking for any help in maximizing the area available and variety if possible....... New to this,so all help is appreciated :)

IMO a 15 gallon is too small for a Molly. You could add more platies some guppies a school of tetras some rasboras you have quite a few options. What do you like.

I quite like platys and would maybe like shrimp or a small pleco.i like glass/x ray tetra but I don't think I would have the space for the amount required for them together happy

Too small for a pleco imo. Maybe an otoclinus or 2-3 small cories. They school in groups so they are entertaining.

Thanks joe...... Looking back on my post ,I did mean to put in Cory's not pleco....... D'oh

calfishguy said:
Yeah you could do shrimp such as cherries. Is thetank planted.

Just make sure there are plants and hiding places before you add Shrimp. Mollies and Platies may target and kill Shrimp. Mine do best with Nano fish. Celestial Pearl Danios for example.

Harlequin rasboras are top swimmers and very peaceful. They have nice color, and would need a school of four+.
I agree about the mollies being a poor fit:
I really like my mollies, but they have a bigger bio load and can get big (sailfins are the biggest). They can also be territorial. So swapping them out is definitely worth consideration!
If you go with peaceful, small fish, habrosus cories are tiny and super active!

Back
Top Bottom