stocking help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itschromesteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I already have a pair of angels between dime and quarter size, a 1.5 in spotted climbing perch, and a zebra spiny eel in my 60 with 2 penguin 350's.
I want to fill up the tank a bit with some more fish but not have it overstocked when everything hits full size and I'm having trouble thinking of what would be good. Any suggestions?

Bare in mind my perch will probably attempt to eat anything smaller than 3 in when he is full grown.

IDK anything about spotted climbing perch (sounds cool!) or the eel, however, I have had angels for many years and have kept rainbow fish (Boesmani and turquiose are my faves in schools of 5 or more) very active and colorful, and african featherfin catfish that got along well with the angels I had. I also had cherry barbs, black neon tetras, flame von rios as well, but those would all be under the 3" min. Good luck!

youngfin said:
How about some bala sharks or tinfoil barbs? Clown loaches?

Bala sharks get too big, 12 inches.
People have different opinions on the minimum tank size for clown loaches.

I think a bottom dweller would work well, what's the maximum size for the perch? You could maybe try some of the bigger cories.

Max for the perch is around 6.5. Some people say they don't bother bottom dwellers or fish bigger than 1/3 their size. Mine though must be a little monster because I didn't get all of my younger guppies about half his size out of the tank when i put him in and he swam around with everything but the tail in his mouth and finally ate them.

Back
Top Bottom