Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 30 gallon tall tank with

5 rosy barbs
3 German blue rams

I will be adding

1 angelfish

I want to add

6 neon tetras

Is that ok stocking wise? I'm running the aquaclear that's suppose to be for 55 gallon tanks. The tank is planted decently

You should be fine, but I think that three rams might be a but too much, aggression wise, are they all females?
Ps, are you experienced with amazon sword plantlets, or at least know how to identify them?

I have a 30 gallon tall tank with

5 rosy barbs
3 German blue rams

I will be adding

1 angelfish

I want to add

6 neon tetras

Is that ok stocking wise? I'm running the aquaclear that's suppose to be for 55 gallon tanks. The tank is planted decently

Angelfish and Neon Tetras usually have a 50% chance of either failing or succeeding. I personally wouldn't put an Angelfish in a 30 gallon tank as they can get big. But if you decide to get the Angel I would get a slightly larger tetra. Maybe Rummynose Tetras or Black Widow Tetras. With the Rams, I think if you have only one male you should be fine.... provided that you have plenty of plant cover. You could probably add another female, but just be very careful. Also, just note that Rosy Barbs can get up to 4 inches.

I would add the angel, go for it! Minimum of 29 gallons for one, I would recommend cardinal tetras, look the same, but cardinals grow a bit bigger

Well, I wouldn't do an angel in a 30 g, there find can grow up to a foot from tip to tip and there body alone can get as large as a man'd palm. Neon tetras are also natural food source for a adult angel, I would look at grouamis instead, they can be really nice center pieces

I know the argument about angels all to well. It's as simple as this. If its too big, ill rehome it. The rams I've had for almost 6 months now. 2 females 1 male. Occasional chasing from the male, but that's to expected. So
1 angel
3 rams
5 rosy barbs
6 rummynose

Is that too much bioload?

You should be fine, but I think that three rams might be a but too much, aggression wise, are they all females?
Ps, are you experienced with amazon sword plantlets, or at least know how to identify them?

Yes I can identify them. And I may have one on the way. Have to check list again

Back
Top Bottom