Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lym

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to be starting my first freshwater aquarium soon, the tank I'm getting is 25 gallons. Would these fish be ok in there?

Blue Dwarf Gourami x 2
Threadfin Rainbows x 5
Panda Cory x 4
Candy Striped Pleco x 1

Thanks!

Welcome to AA!!!

Two gouramis in that small a tank could be a real problem, you are better off with one. The rainbows and corys should be ok. I am not sure how big that particular pleco gets, but most get way to large for a 25 gallon tank.

I agree on the Gouramis. I had 2 Dwarf Gouramis in a 46 gallon tank and while they did pretty well together, they didi have their little tiffs. I think keeping them in a 25 gallon would've been a disaster. I personally wouldn't try it. If you like Pearl Gouramis (see my avatar) you might be able to get away with a pair (male/female) of these. although I think a 25 may be a bit small for this combo as well. I can't help you on the Rainbows. If I remember correctly, the Candy Stripe Pleco gets to be about 4-5" so this is one of the smaller species. I'd think it would be ok to keep one in a 25 gallon.

rich311k said:
Welcome to AA!!!

Two gouramis in that small a tank could be a real problem, you are better off with one. The rainbows and corys should be ok. I am not sure how big that particular pleco gets, but most get way to large for a 25 gallon tank.

Thanks! :)

I've read the Candy Pleco grows up to 10cm.

The Gourami's are starting to confuse me though. I was going to get one and I was then told i should get two, then someone else suggested I should get three. So now I'm totally lost as to how many to get... :lol:

I would go with one gourami, two males just do not get along well in a smaller tank. If the pleco only gets 4 inches or so then it will do fine as well. Have you cycled yet?

One other thing, you have been a member for what 5 hours already and no pictures. :)

rich311k said:
I would go with one gourami, two males just do not get along well in a smaller tank. If the pleco only gets 4 inches or so then it will do fine as well. Have you cycled yet?

One other thing, you have been a member for what 5 hours already and no pictures. :)

I should have mentioned the Gourami's would be a male and female pair, that's how the shop sells them.

Not sure what you want pictures of :? my tank hasn't arrived yet.

Male - female should work. Though you will want to keep an eye on them any way, some males can be down right mean.

As for the pictures I will except that excuse, but only for the moment. :)

rich311k said:
As for the pictures I will except that excuse, but only for the moment. :)

LOL :lol: I'll get some pictures just for you once I get my tank ;)

Back
Top Bottom