Stocking Ideas for 75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshH20Tank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
Im about to set up a 75 gallon semi-aggressive tank. This is what I would love to have in there. Any ideas please welcome.

12 Green Tiger barbs/Tiger barbs
5 rainbow fish
1 clown pleco
1 red tail shark
2 bolivian rams

This will be a non-planted tank. Lots of rocks and driftwood.
Do you have any ideas for fish?

Also, not sure what kind of substrate to use - Sand, versus gravel. If gravel, what colour do you recommend? White versus black versus brown/reddish?

Thanks. Love to hear your ideas.

Hi,
Im about to set up a 75 gallon semi-aggressive tank. This is what I would love to have in there. Any ideas please welcome.

12 Green Tiger barbs/Tiger barbs
5 rainbow fish
1 clown pleco
1 red tail shark
2 bolivian rams

This will be a non-planted tank. Lots of rocks and driftwood.
Do you have any ideas for fish?

Also, not sure what kind of substrate to use - Sand, versus gravel. If gravel, what colour do you recommend? White versus black versus brown/reddish?

Thanks. Love to hear your ideas.

I really like where you are going with this tank!!! I think the stock is pointing in the right direction. Personally, I would drop the rams and get a couple of electric blue acaras or even regular blue acaras. Then add 4-5 more tiger barbs and call it a day.

I agree with no rams I would add a single scar you don't want them to breed or they will kill stuff off. I would get sand for the sharks barbels it will appreciate it I love the look of sand to especially black sand.

Thanks. Was thinking white sand 'cos I thought it would look prettier but perhaps harder to keep looking clean.

just looked up the acaras. They look very nice. Why no bolivian rams though?

just looked up the acaras. They look very nice. Why no bolivian rams though?

Well an acara is like a bigger better looking Bolivian ram!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd go with black sand.
I love my EB acaras! They are very entertaining to watch.
If you really like the Bolivians they should do fine in here. They just might get bullied a little bit

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I really like black sand, better for bottom fish and makes fish colors pop. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom