Stocking ideas for a 12.5g (50 litre) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would love to get some ideas on what to do with this tank. I was planning on a shell dweller tank but would love some more opinions and to know what you would do with it and stock with ?

I myself would do a heavily planted tank stocked with two dwarf puffers. :)

I recently started a planted 10 gallon for spotted blue eye rainbowfish and I'm very happy with them. There are actually quite a few different blue eyed rainbowfish you could try and some breed quite easily too!

http://www.google.com/search?q=spotted+blue+eye+rainbowfish&hl=en&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hfVgUcbjH8aXiAKz8YGADg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1579&bih=815#hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=blue+eye+rainbowfish&oq=blue+eye+rainbowfish&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5.6935.6935.0.7173.1.1.0.0.0.0.122.122.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.8.img.l_YZBsN0-40&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.cGE&fp=33abc5d845877ee0&biw=1579&bih=815

I'd love puffers! They are adorable but were not allowed them in Australia :( ill look into the rainbow fish and see if I can source any around here thanks :)

Go with either a betta tank or get 6 neon tetras and do a heavily planted tank

I've just had a Betta pass away so was going fir something i haven't tried. I have neons in my 41g. Hmm not sure if I find a Betta I fall in love with I might still go that route

You should try something new! I love the excitement of owning a new species. How about maybe a nice sized school of celestial pearl danios with some cherry shrimp? You could easily do 10-15 CPDs in a 12 gal.

You should try something new! I love the excitement of owning a new species. How about maybe a nice sized school of celestial pearl danios with some cherry shrimp? You could easily do 10-15 CPDs in a 12 gal.

Hmm yes I definitely want something new. I think the celestial pearl danios are very pretty fish and I have been eying them of for a while! I love cherry shrimp I've had them but my bigger fish hot the better of them. So at the moment I'm thinking either a nano fish tank like you suggested or the shell dweller tank, unless theres something else I could try and fall in love with. I like that the nano fish are a lot more colourful and that I could have some variety. It's going to have play sand and be planted with low light plants and ill get some nice gold vine wood and rocks.
The cpd's are really expensive here that's the only thing but so cool looking!
Maybe
7 cps
10 red cherry shrimp to start with
And maybe another school of 7 of another nano species ?
Or instead of the extra school more if a centrepiece fish that will b fine with the shrimp?
Suggestions ?

Edit : oh I really like the clown killifish and think they would look really good with the cherries and cpd if they don't eat them

Back
Top Bottom