Stocking ideas for a 75 gallon African Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samoyed789

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The thread title basically says it all - I'm starting up a new 75 gallon aquarium, and although I'm not new to aquarium keeping I've never kept African cichlids before (I've had angels and rams but I know that's a completely different ballpark). Anyways, I'm looking for suggestions on stocking - I really know very little about cichlids and although I am doing research it can all be a bit overwhelming as cichlids tend to be referred to using more scientific names and compatibility can be such an issue.

The types of fish I'm AWARE of at least to name are:
yellow labs
electric blue haps
electric blue johannii
Peacock cichlids

I know that peacocks aren't necessarily compatible - that there are different lakes with different aggression levels - anyways, please help me get a starting idea of what I can be looking at!

Thanks so much! Any advice is appreciative, please just be patient and kind with your responses as I really am a novice in this particular field of aquarium keeping!

I've never kept African Cichlids, but there are some YouTubers who might also be able to help you. Have a look for videos by Jay Wilson, Inquisitive Fish Guy (IFG), and Inventory King.

Back
Top Bottom