Stocking ideas needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wags_zach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am soon to be purchasing a 60 gallon tank. I want to go with a 'natural' look with sand as my sub straight, good size rocks for hiding and a piece of drift wood in the center. What kind of fish would be good for this kind of environment. I want all different types. I like a tank that has different species. Also, i want to start moving into intermediate fish. Not beginner things like guppies though I would like a small school of those. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is what I have in my 90 gallon planted tank: rummynose tetras, neon tetras, emperor tetras, glass catfish, debauwi catfish, corydora catfish, Bolivian rams, dwarf loaches. The only change that I would make to my tank is to not mix cories with dwarf loaches. I've kept Endler's livebearers in the past and would like to keep them again.

As for plants, crypts, Java fern and anubias are easy plants to grow, with the latter 2 doing best tied to driftwood. I especially like anubias as there are many species which look completely different.

You say you want a "natural look" but mention no plants. Will it be planted? If not, I would recommend African cichlids. Not much is compatible with them, but there are more types and varieties than a person could count. Some have beautiful, vibrant, and multiple colors. With a 60g tank, I would stay with fish that don't get very large; 5" or so. There are plenty.
If you're going to plant it, cichlids won't work. I have a school of neon tetras, as well as Australian rainbows in my planted community tank. They look very striking against the the plants.

Back
Top Bottom