Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seekinghealth said:
Ok so 75 gal stock list. Good or no?

-four gourmis (already have)
-four paradise fish (already have)
-two GBRs
-one rainbow shark
- one or maybe two angels

I need thoughts and opinions.
Is this stocked, overstocked, or understocked? Or just incompatible?

I'm not sure about that. That's a lot of anabatoids in there, you should let them grow up together and see how the are with each other first.

So far the gourmis and paradise fish get along great. They are both young so they will be growing up together

seekinghealth said:
So far the gourmis and paradise fish get along great. They are both young so they will be growing up together

Okay. If that's the case the stock sounds okay, but watch out for any aggression issues if they arise and always have a back-up plan. I didn't have a back-up plan once and now my Boseman and Australian rainbow have nowhere to go but my 40 gallon, which I believe is way too small. Just my 2 cents :)

I have a back up plan. Haha I have a 32gal with only six barbs in it. But thanks. How could I get a pair of GBRs? Like how could I find a mail and a female?

seekinghealth said:
I have a back up plan. Haha I have a 32gal with only six barbs in it. But thanks. How could I get a pair of GBRs? Like how could I find a mail and a female?

Okay :)

You could buy a proven pair at the LFS, or you could have a few grow up together and see who forms a pair and keep your favorite pair.

I meant male.. haha but ok. And correct me if I'm wrong but the mails have a straight black spot and females have blue in it right?

I just lucked out n found a GBR after searching for a while and I love it. I saw a site that said the same thing about the female having a blue sheen over the spot. It also said females have more pink on the belly and black stripes on the pectoral (?) Fins under the gills. I think it was theblueram.com. good luck!

You don't need to get a proven pair, just get a good looking male and female, they'll pair up if they are kept happy and healthy. I've done this multiple times with my breeding group.

The blue spangles on the black spot on their side is the best way to sex them. Blue spangles on the black spot means female, no spangles on the black spot is a male.

sorry for all the questions but can it have blue around it Touching the black spot and it be male or just not blue touching the black spot at all?

seekinghealth said:
sorry for all the questions but can it have blue around it Touching the black spot and it be male or just not blue touching the black spot at all?

I'm not sure. My males have blue coloration all around them but their dot is completely black. My female is somewhat paler but has blue spangles in hers...

Ok ill see what they have at my lfs. Thanks for all the help. And I'm thinking about leaving out the angel. Depending on how cramped it looks.

Back
Top Bottom