Stocking Ideas!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennymph

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank is done cycling, quite heavily planted (will insert pic) and it's 160L.

My original idea was to do a Betta sorority with Corydoras. However I have now spent all of my money on this 160L and cannot afford to have another tank just in case a female needs to come out. Very sad. Still might be able to do it as I'm adding Cory's first anyway and will let them establish for a month or so first, maybe with some shrimp.

ANYWAY; If my sorority idea doesn't come to fruition, I'd like to keep a general community.

There are too many to choose from however I really like Congo Tetras and Silvertips too. Also a big fan of Pearl Danios.
Of course, would love a feature fish in there but not sure what.

Any contributions would be greatly appreciated as I'm very overwhelmed with the choices.

Thank you, ?

IMG_20180122_180117_391.jpg Here is the tank. Adding some half coconut shells with Java Moss on soon and probably some floating plants in the future.

So far every single tank I kept had two mandatory occupants - a bristlenose and a blue gourami. If your tank is planted you could benefit from some algea eaters like ottos. And perhaps MTS to help stir and aerate the substrate in case you are ok with snails. Other then that see what is on special at your LFS and pick something that looks good to you (I can get carried away throwing fish names here :) )

I'm with Anton, regarding the inclusion of a Bristlenose. As for a budget minded show fish, I'd go with the old standby, the Firemouth cichlid. Not too aggressive, not Too big, very easy to breed if wanted, and very colorful. Pictured are two of mine. The larger FM, is the standard coloration. The other is Irridecent blue and bright red. A lot of color variation within species.
You have a very nice tank. :)

Attachments

• 20180124_090019.jpg
    20180124_090019.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 103
I'm generally going for an irridescent theme to be honest so that'd be a really good addition! Thank you! :)

I'm going to go for 1 Pearl Gourami, 8 Diamond Tetras, 8 Pearl Danios and 6-8 Bronze Corydoras. Can you see my theme ??

I'm going to go for 1 Pearl Gourami, 8 Diamond Tetras, 8 Pearl Danios and 6-8 Bronze Corydoras. Can you see my theme ����

Have you looked at serpae tetra? they come in a long finned variety too. Similar to the diamond tetra but with a splash more colour.

Good choice on the Danios, I've kept dozens in my last 3 tanks ;)

Have you looked at serpae tetra? they come in a long finned variety too. Similar to the diamond tetra but with a splash more colour.

Good choice on the Danios, I've kept dozens in my last 3 tanks ;)
Yes they were a strong contender, their splash of red would look great with the scenery I'm planning on in my even bigger community tank (350L) but that's a long, long, LONG way off as I don't think I can deal with setting up another tank for another few months ? (Famous last words)

IMG_20180127_164059_260.jpg It's ready! Cycled, added Fluval 306, all the decor and substrate is in there (don't mind my dying plants). Ready to get some fish ?

Back
Top Bottom