Stocking list for my upgrade, looking for advice for on stocking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going from my current 36" 65G reef which has been up for a year to a half to a 96" 240G reef. You guys warned me I would outgrow the 65G but I wouldn't listen, 65 is a lot of gallons right? RIGHT? :lol:

Anyway, I have decided that I want this tank to have lots of anthias which I have not tried before. I have seen many tanks with harems of these type of fish and I absolutely love the movement and colors they provide. Plus they don't eat any corals.

Here is my planned stocking list, broken up as to the time frame I want to introduce them.

2x Starburst/Fathead Anthias
7x Bartlett's Anthias
1x Boubonius Anthias
1x Yellow Watchmen Goby*
1X Midas Blenny*

1x Talbot Damsel*
1x Black and White Chromis*
7x Blue/Green Chromis*
2x False Perculia Clown (paired)*

2x Bellus Angel (paired)
2x Swallow Tail Angel (paired)
1x Potter's Angel
1x Golden Dwarf Angel
1x Cherub Angel*

1x Powder Blue Tang*
1x Yellow Eyed Kole Tang*
1x Purple Tang

*fish I have kept successfully before

As you can see I am taking a risk with some of the dwarf angels there. I have kept the Cherub before and never had any trouble from him with either SPS or LPS

The Tangs are purely extras and will be added last if added at all. The true focus is the anthias and if the tangs will make the tank to aggressive they are out. This will be a judgement call.

Do you guys see any obvious incompatability or other issues with the above?

I`ve had some experience with the bartlett`s and the blue green chromis. They seem to do alot of scraping between the two. Just something you might need to think about.

I thought about that but figured there would be enough space to share. The chromis are definetly the lower priority.

Mine`s a 125 and they scrapped. Here `s a pic of my bartletts and my pink square anthias

img_1055626_0_8f0969e65503a74f75a3dc79d43d01d2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom