Stocking my 14bc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alink708

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my tank has been up and running for 8 months or so now, thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!
Everything has run pretty smooth except for the loss of my Hectors Goby 2 months ago, I don't know what happened,woke up one day and he was gone without a trace. Well my tailspot blenny is lonely without him and the lfs was acclimating a nice looking rainsford goby today with my name on it, i'm picking her up tomorrow.
My parameters are always constant 0/0/0 across the board even right before my weekly water change... even though I think I have a decent bioload right now with all the critters. Sooo with my tank cleanliness i'm thinking I can get a 3rd fish also. Here's a list of whats in there, what do you guys think of adding a 3rd fish...
1 tailspot blenny
1 rainsford goby (coming tomorrow)
2 porcelain crabs
1 green emerald crab (diddnt want him but had to buy because of bubble and red wirery algae... he did his job well!)
1 pompom crab
2 sexy shrimp
5 blue leg hermits
5-6 mixed snails
Wow seems like alot when I write it out , but everything is small and stays small , except the emerald I know he will get bigger. The tank is always pretty spotless , everyone does a good job of cleaning up and my levels are always 0.
Tank seems to be doing great, corals are all thriving. Coraline has spread like wildfire, tons of bristle worms, micro stars and the pod population is out of control !!! All signs everything is doing good right?
So what are your thoughts on my stocking so far?
Am I going to be able to do a 3rd fish?
My future thoughts we're maybe another pompom or porcalain. Maybe a 3rd sexy shrimp.

Any suggestions for a 3rd fish?
I like my fish and inverts to be peaceful , stay small with alot of color as you can probably tell.
I was thinking maybe a Yasha goby or a blueline pipefish.
I would love another Hectors goby but I dont know if it will fight with the rainsford...I get mixed opinions on it.
Also the 3rd fish wont come for awile to let the system adjust to the rainsford

Yashas are great but mine stays hidden. Well he comes out often. But not much of a community fish. How about a clown goby? They stay small and love hanging on the corals.

Got the little guy home and acclimated the other day. This fish is awesome!! Never hides and is always out swimming in the open, plus now that there's another fish in the tank the tail spot blenny is always out swimming in the water column also...win win!

Attachments

• S5030922.jpg
    S5030922.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 84
Got the little guy home and acclimated the other day. This fish is awesome!! Never hides and is always out swimming in the open, plus now that there's another fish in the tank the tail spot blenny is always out swimming in the water column also...win win!

Congrats on your new addition! (y)

Back
Top Bottom