Stocking my 37.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasteguys2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to be stocking my freshwater 37 tall this week, since I am new to this hobby and know nothing about tropical fish, I need your help. I want bottom middle and top, I would like inverts if that's an option. The tank has normal gravel atm and I might try some low light plants if it is not to much work.
Now I understand that my person likes will play a big part in choosing my fish,but I am just looking for some ideas.

You are basically just asking everyone else their favorites. It would be better to give us a list of the fish you like and ask which ones would work.

My favorites are all hardy, active, easy fish:
Platy
Cherry Barb
Gold Barb
Checkerboard Barb
Small species of loaches
Cories
Killies
German Rams (the only one that is not hardy, but usually the only problem is getting them to settle in).

I prefer sand, it is cleaner, much more natural, better for plants, and looks better. I only use and recommend Estes Marine Sand (also known as Stoney River and Ultra Reef).

+1^

i would do 1 pair rams, a school of 8-12 schoolers(green neons are my favs.), and maybe a few bottom dwellers(4 corys or a pleco and a few otos)

ok I went with 9 black skirt tetras, 6 cories, now i need center piece, i cannot get rams so what other choices do i have? I need suggestions because my only local fish store has zero knowledge and i will have to order these.

Here is the 37, I will have real plants as soon as I find some low light plants.

ForumRunner_20111203_144036.jpg

ForumRunner_20111203_143432.jpg

wasteguys2000 said:
I am going to be stocking my freshwater 37 tall this week, since I am new to this hobby and know nothing about tropical fish, I need your help. I want bottom middle and top, I would like inverts if that's an option. The tank has normal gravel atm and I might try some low light plants if it is not to much work.
Now I understand that my person likes will play a big part in choosing my fish,but I am just looking for some ideas.

I have to ask, is the tank cycled?

wasteguys2000 said:
ok I went with 9 black skirt tetras, 6 cories, now i need center piece, i cannot get rams so what other choices do i have? I need suggestions because my only local fish store has zero knowledge and i will have to order these.

I woul try a keyhole.

Yup, fully cycled ,had an issue at the end but once I setup a filter with just crushed coral I cycled fine. I have had fish for over a week now and my water test are perfect (I still check 2 times per day).

wasteguys2000 said:
Yup, fully cycled ,had an issue at the end but once I setup a filter with just crushed coral I cycled fine. I have had fish for over a week now and my water test are perfect (I still check 2 times per day).

Awesome! Just had to check :D

Back
Top Bottom