Stocking my 53 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louise0328

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alrighty, so I have a 53 gallon tank I am wanting to restock.

The majority of the fish in there right now are bottom feeders.

I am hoping for some neat ideas for stocking. I want something a little bit different from my usual.

Here's my list of current stock:

1 angel fish
1 bristlenose pleco
4 black skirt tetra
4 albino Cory
4 peppered Cory
2 ghost shrimp
2 nerite snails

So I have 14 fish. Like I said 9 out of 14 are bottom feeders at this point.

I would love something a bit different from the normal neons or platies.

The tank is heated and filtered appropriately. It is planted and I will be adding some taller plants for more hiding spots.

I would like to pick up 1 more angel and Maybe add 1 or 2 more black skirt to the group before adding any other types of fish.

Any ideas on other fish I could have? And how many fish would be appropriate for this sized tank?

Attachments

• image-1735952320.jpg
    image-1735952320.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 65
Angels and black skirts are fin nippers and somewhat aggressive. You likely don't see that now. Ruby barbs would look nice, penguin tetras may work, a pearl gourami would look nice as well.

I hear from a lot of people that black skirts are aggressive.. I just never have that problem. They have never been an issue for me

Ok guys, so today I got another angel fish. So my stock is currently upped by one. It's about the same size as my other one so I thought it was a good match.

I still need more ideas for other tank mates! I want a fish I've never owned before. And I've owned several of the common fish.

Such as:
Guppies
Platies
Mollies
Neons
Cardinals
Betta's
Swordtails
Harlequin Rasboras

SOOO... Anything other than that would be cool lol

Could I do

2 angel fish
1 bristlenose pleco
5 black skirt tetra
8 Cories
6 red eye tetra
8 silver tip tetra

That would be 30 fish total. I don't know if I could add any more or if that is too many as is.

Back
Top Bottom