stocking question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvsfx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was a bit curious as to if there was such a thing as 2muchcrustacean?
The LFS near me just got these sweet spongehead crabs, they are not the prettiest thing but I may find myself buying 2 since I tend to like things to not be alone, anyway I will be getting a new tank next week a 30gallon most likley but of course I will also need to cycle it and such and am just curious as to if an addition of these goliath crabs in my tank would be too much , my current stock is as follows...
10Gallon
12-14lbs of LR
-1 Damsel 1 Chromis (both juvi's)
-3 hermits
-3 snails
-1 cleaner shrimp
-1 emerald
-and 2 boxer crabs one of which is pregnet but I doubt I stand a chance to rear there young.

I probably have too much fish in my tank if anything but they have been in there the longest I started out with the chromis too cycle my tank and I do feel bad for him because he has to be tormented by the damsel but i dont have anyone I could give him too, but anyway just curious on everyones opinions if my tank looks overstocked or no?
And in a 30 gallon would that give me much more room for many more buddies :)? thanks all.

In the thirty you'd be able to add a few more fish. Depending on their size and swimming patterns. As far as the crabs, I'm not sure goes they do with the other crabs.

Back
Top Bottom