Stocking question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pckerfreak44 said:
Hmm I see. I was doin a lil bit of reaserch but I was depending on you guys to tell me what's good or not haha. Ill think about it today and figure out what I want to do...

There's a lot of good info on the web. This site and cichlid-forum.com has some good information. And I only recommend research because it will save you so much headache in the long run. I made the mistake years ago of not researching before I got fish, it just lead to having to get rid of fish because of aggression, which is hard to do. At least for me anyways. I've found the more I know about the fish I keep the more I enjoy keeping them.

I'll help you out with some links if you can answer one question for me. How long is a 30 gallon long? I looked it up and and am reading different lengths?

Better yet this will help
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/quick_reference_list.php

After clicking on one it will show you the dimensions at the top of the screen. So you can try and match your tank size with it. Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Oh trust me, I do plenty of reaserch before and Adler buying any fish. Right now I'm just trying to figure out which fish would be a possibility then start researching

My tank is 3 feet long. Thank you for all the advice and the website :)

If you want some larger fish id recommend upgrading tank to a 55, this way you can keep some larger cichlids like Firemouths or tainbow cichlids. In that tank the mix of fish plus the size are limiting the ableness of you being able to put a larger fish in there. Although keyholes do get to around 4" - 5"

Back
Top Bottom