Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 4 glofish and 4 Guppys in a 15g column can I get more fish if so what fish do good with glofish and Guppys

Would 4 Guppys 6 glofish and 4 tetras be ok I know they all do good together but is that over stocked for my tank?

Would 4 Guppys 6 glofish and 4 tetras be ok I know they all do good together but is that over stocked for my tank?

The guppies need to be 2:1 m/f ratio. Also the tetras need to be at 6. But if you do that your stocked, and your bottom is completely empty.

Honestly, I would not do any glo fish in a 15g column tank. They are downright hyper active and do better with more horizontal space.
I agree that dwarf cories would be good. Corydora habrosus is active and not overly shy. You could do a school of ember tetras, clown killifish, or chili rasbora.
Sparkling gourami are another option, or a croaking gourami.

Hey I would absolutely recommend gouramis I have some and they are beautiful fish and are fun to watch. They often pick on each other, but nothing that damages fins. It is quite fun to watch them nip back and forth.

Personally I never add female Livebearers. I never want to deal with all the fry. I've had 1-2 male Guppies in my tanks.

Plus one on the Nano Fish suggestions. Ember Tetras are lovely.

I have a dwarf gourami in my 15g column and he's awesome. That said, I'd take back the glofish if you plan to add any other fish. If you're lucky you can find a DG that will play nice with your guppies and call it a day. Maybe add a few shrimp?

I have a dwarf gourami in my 15g column and he's awesome. That said, I'd take back the glofish if you plan to add any other fish. If you're lucky you can find a DG that will play nice with your guppies and call it a day. Maybe add a few shrimp?

I have 3 red cherry shrimp

If you have only male guppies you're fine, but if you have 2m and 2f you should probably get 2 more females, or 3m and 1f then you should probably get 5 more females

If you have only male guppies you're fine, but if you have 2m and 2f you should probably get 2 more females, or 3m and 1f then you should probably get 5 more females

Yeah that's what I thought my male Guppys are doing fine together I didn't understand why I needed females thanks

I still disagree with adding more glo fish. They are not a good match for a 15g column tank, and adding more won't make that any better. Also, they are not a tightly schooling fish at all, so they are not one that I think suffers from stress if it doesn't have a large school like some fish do, so I doubly do not think adding more would be good for the fish in this particular tank.

I still disagree with adding more glo fish. They are not a good match for a 15g column tank, and adding more won't make that any better. Also, they are not a tightly schooling fish at all, so they are not one that I think suffers from stress if it doesn't have a large school like some fish do, so I doubly do not think adding more would be good for the fish in this particular tank.

That's true. Or you can trade in the glofish for neons

Yes. Neons would work. Or, glowlight tetras.
Embers are my personal favorite cuz they are amazingly colored once they get settled. They like little swimming gem stones.

Back
Top Bottom