Stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok new guy here. I have a 3 month old 10 gallon with 2 cherry barbs 2 tetras 1 ram 1 Cory and a guppy. I believe it is done cycled. I have plants and gravel. My water stays clear and my fish are healthy and active. Does my stock sound ok? Can I add more? Maybe 1 tetra or 1 Cory

Your pretty much fully stocked. But if you have good filtration and stay on top of your water changes I'm sure the Tetras and Cory would enjoy another buddy ;)

You should be doing 50% weekly and what kind of filter do you have??

I have the stock 5-15 I'm thinking of upgrading soon but it seems to be ok I thought maybe just another small internal filter? Would more plants help keep bio waste down?

Plants always help improve water quality. But keep doing your water changes.

What type of Cories and tetra? I know the ram needs a 20g and depending on the tetras and Cories too. The rest of your stocking looks okay though.

A juvenile pepper Cory and I get confused with the tetras. I believe they are simple neon tetras like a black skirt but blue ,pink etc.. And yes i know the ram needs a bigger tank. I will be upgrading (buying another and keeping my 10 too) soon and I'd like to get a few more rams. They are my favorite fish and mine has a personality kind of like a betta. I've never seen one in the stores since that one though. Are they hard to come by?

Ok so if I possibly eliminate the Cory in my tank could I put my female betta in there if there is no signs of aggression? that should keep my stock balanced as it is being as I'm not adding a fish right?

Back
Top Bottom