STOCKING ????'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stag

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello –

My 30 gallon is cycled. I’m running a 305 fluval filter. I’m planning on adding an emperor 280 filter in the near future. My current stocking includes 4 zebra danios, 2 dalmatian mollies and four tiger barbs. I was thinking about adding 3 golding barbs and 2 corydoras catfish. Do you think by adding these fish will exceed my tank size and will I have any compatibility issues?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

I would consider adding a few more corys if you decide to get some. I would recommend 4-6 as they like groups. Same with barbs and danios.

The tiger barbs and the gold barbs are not peaceful community fish, they are very nippy. I have kept both at different times and have some gold barbs right now. Other than them, the tank would be a fine grouping. The tank will not be overstocked but inappropriately stocked.

All - thanks for the input. What do you suggest I do for adding some color?

if you can get rid of the tigers you could have alot bigger of an assortment of pretty fish you could get. and like said before its better if you get a larger scholl of cories.

Back
Top Bottom